In Finale there are still two large fortresses built by the Spanish in the 17th century: Castelfranco, projected on the sea between Finalmarina and Finalpia, and Castel San Giovanni, above Finalborgo.
During the Spanish period (1602-1707), Finale was transformed into a large military fortress, through which the troops that were involved in the European theatre of war marched and the medieval fortification that rose on the high coastal plain of Gòttaro was transformed into modern military architecture.
Castelfranco is open to the public and is the seat of cultural activities that has a rich event calendar
Bookings for tours are available as part of the “Open door Open art” Project endorsed by MUDIF.
Associazione Culturale E20
for guided tours:
Museo Archeologico del Finale